Does the program I’m enrolled in through MU Extension qualify for converting noncredit course to credit bearing course work?

University of Missouri Extension, in partnership with the University of Missouri schools and colleges, offers noncredit, continuing-education opportunities through its courses, conferences and trainings.

Not all MU Extension programs qualify for noncredit to for-credit conversion. MU Extension’s certificate programs must specifically state on their enrollment page that the course work used to earn the certificate is part of the pathway noncredit to for-credit initiative. These specific certificate programs are assessed, noncredit bearing Alternative Digital Credentials (ADC).

To request conversion of noncredit University of Missouri Extension courses to academic credit, individuals:

  • must be enrolled in an eligible MU Extension noncredit, certificate program;
  • must have successfully completed their MU Extension noncredit certificate program within the past three years;
  • must apply for and be admitted to MU and the academic program of interest;
  • must provide the Provost’s Office with their noncredit program certificate and MU Extension transcript.

Current eligible noncredit certificate programs include:

Please contact the MU Career Accelerator for more information.